Sunday 29 September 2013

Font experiments.

For my magazine, I want the font for the text to be kept quite simple. Anything too fancy will make the magazine look tacky, and will distract from the content of the magazine.

Example(Courier)This font would be good to use in the coverlines. It is a much more animated font than the rest of the examples, which suits the younger target audience I am aiming at.

Example. (Georgia) This font is a lot bolder than the rest. I think it would really stand out as a font for the Masthead. The target audience tend to like things that stand out to catch their eye. 

Example. (Helvetica) This example is still bold, but I feel it doesn't stand out to the reader as much as Georgia does. I don't think it would work as well for catching the attention of the audience.

Example. (Trebuchet) This type of font is just too dull for a magazine aimed at a students. I don't think that it would be eye-catching enough for a target audience like students, since most of the audience look for bold, flashy or stand-out aspects to the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment