Friday 18 October 2013

Initial ideas

What type of magazine do you want to create?
For my music magazine, I would like to stick to the genre of Indie/Alternative.

Why?
Because this is a genre which I am particularly comfortable with. It is also a genre which has a lot of unsigned bands and artists, which is something that a lot of people enjoy reading about. The Indie/Alternative scene is quite niche, which is the type of audience I would prefer to aim at, rather than making it a broad target, like in genres like pop. Since I like this genre, I will know the type of things to put in the magazine to appeal to the audience.

What would make my magazine unique?
My magazine would not be focusing on mainstream artists- instead focusing on unsigned bands and artists that no one has discovered. It would be spotlighting the up and coming acts of this genre, which is something that the readers of the magazine would want to know about.

What to include?
  1. Articles and reviews on up and coming (as well as pre existing) bands and artists
  2. Charts
  3. Festival/gig guides
  4. Lists for the best up and coming artists:
Bands to include:
Unsigned bands like;
1984

0 Not My Day

And signed bands like;
Young the giant



Colour pallet?
The colour scheme will mainly consist of darker colours, mixed in with some brighter colours;
  • Reds
  • Black
  • Whites 
  • Greys
  • Greens
  • Yellows

No comments:

Post a Comment