Thursday 21 November 2013

Designing my Masthead

For this design idea, I tried to play on the idea of using a read, black and white colour scheme. Although this colour usage complies with my required colour scheme, I feel that when combined in this way, the red and the black connote too much of an angry, violent tone for the magazine. In order to connote a more calm, friendly, welcoming atmosphere for the magazine I think that using just one colour would be the direction to go in, as opposed to this.

         This idea for a masthead is something that I much prefer for my magazine's style. The white colour would stand out above the central image that would be taking up the majority of the page. It's a colour connotes a calm vibe for the magazine, representing the genre, magazine and followers of each as more friendly, calm people.
This is another rather simplistic idea. The simplicity connotes that the genre as a whole that is covered is stripped back to a minimum, compared to genres like pop, techno etc. Because of the colouring, it would also stand out above the central image well.

No comments:

Post a Comment