Monday 25 November 2013

Preparing for the photo shoot: Possible locations

It would be ideal to set my photo shoot in two different locations. One location I am quite keen to shoot at, most likely for the double page spread and the contents page is in a forest. The ideal time to do the shoot would be in the early evening- that way I can get some good shots lighted by the sunset. This quality added to the photos could possibly hold the artistic quality that I want in my magazine.

Another location I'm quite keen on is a slightly more urban scenery. Taking pictures up against a wall in a busy part of town could work well. I would be keen to use this idea to take candid/naturalistic photos of various models. For example, I could set up the idea that a group of people who are talking naturally are taking a break from band rehearsals, simply by placing some instruments and notebooks around them.



The one other location I would like to use for my photo shoot is a set up temporary home studio. Through doing my research of other magazines in this area of the market, I have found that almost all of them use a lone model standing against a (usually) white background for their central image on the front cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment